The Seeley Lions Club is a part of Lions International, an organization dedicated to serving communities and humanitarian needs.
Approximately 85% of the Lions budget each year is returned to the local surrounding communities and the remaining 15% to Lions District and International humanitarian needs. Listed are a sampling of contributions made in the last year.
Volunteer time: Environment/Community Projects
- Silverthorn Park Enhancement
- Construction of the Seeley Trails public warming cabin
- Care of Uhrenholdt Forest Trails
- Seeley Classic Ski Race Volunteers
- Hwy 63 Road Clean-up
Monetary Contributions: Community Health & Financial Support
- Hayward and Cable area food shelfs
- Annual high school scholarships to Lenroot Township students
- Emergency financial medical support for area residents
- Eyeglass recycling and requests for financial support
- Contributions to HOME, Northwoods Humane Society, Fire and Rescue Equipment etc.
Financial support of Lions District and International projects
- State Eye Bank
- WI State Lions Camp
- Diabetes Programs
- Seeing Eye Dog Program