Community Service

The Seeley Lions Club is a part of Lions International, an organization dedicated to serving communities and humanitarian needs.

Approximately 85% of the Lions budget each year is returned to the local surrounding communities and the remaining 15% to Lions District and International humanitarian needs. Listed are a sampling of contributions made in the last year.

Volunteer time: Environment/Community Projects

  • Silverthorn Park Enhancement
  • Construction of the Seeley Trails public warming cabin
  • Care of Uhrenholdt Forest Trails
  • Seeley Classic Ski Race Volunteers
  • Hwy 63 Road Clean-up

Monetary Contributions: Community Health & Financial Support

Charity donations

Recent checks for $7,000 donated to local charities

  • Hayward and Cable area food shelves
  • Annual high school scholarships to Lenroot Township students
  • Emergency financial medical support for area residents
  • Eyeglass recycling and requests for financial support
  • Contributions to HOME, Northwoods Humane Society, Fire and Rescue Equipment etc.

Financial support of Lions District and International projects

  • State Eye Bank
  • WI State Lions Camp
  • Diabetes Programs
  • Seeing Eye Dog Program